The Centre provides knowledge services and capacity development assistance. Services include analytical and advisory services, learning and skill development, know-how and knowledge transfer, and technical assistance and institutional strengthening. This page lists the upcoming events organized by the Centre for its various programs and provides you with contact or registration information that you can use to join the activity.
Strengthening Corporate Governance in Serbia: Sustainability Reporting and the Increasing Role of Audit Committees
A Conference “Strengthening Corporate Governance in Serbia: Sustainability Reporting and the Increasing Role of Audit Committees” will be organized on May 11, 2023, in Belgrade, Serbia as part of the regional project The Road to Europe: Program of Accounting Reform and Institutional Strengthening for Small and Medium Enterprises in Western Balkans (REPARIS for SMEs).
The Conference will bring together various groups of relevant stakeholders (including auditors, professional accountants, members of Boards, including members of audit committees of large public interest entities in Serbia, professional accounting organizations, banking and insurance regulators, academics, and others) to discuss the challenges and potential responses related to: (i) new provisions of the European Union (EU) Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, including new European Sustainability Reporting Standards; (ii) implementation of EU sustainability reporting requirements, already transposed into Serbian legislation (the “non-financial statement”); and (iii) the increasing role of audit committees in strengthening confidence in statutory audit and in financial and non-financial information.
The Conference aims to build capacity, share knowledge and experience, and offer practical insights on audit committees and sustainability reporting from a local and an international perspective.
Participation in the Conference is per invitation only.
Improving Audit Quality in Western Balkans Countries through Regional Cooperation
The first Forum of the Public Oversight Bodies of Western Balkans countries “Improving Audit Quality in Western Balkans Countries through Regional Cooperation”, part of The Road to Europe: Program of Accounting Reform and Institutional Strengthening for Small and Medium Enterprises in Western Balkans (REPARIS for SMEs) will take place on May 16-17 in Vienna, Austria.
The key objectives of this event are:
- To understand how the Committee of European Auditing Oversight Bodies (CEAOB) performs assessments on equivalence and adequacy.
- To learn from the experience of the Slovak Republic in the field of public oversight and quality assurance systems.
- To share existing experience in the Western Balkans region, including a presentation from the Public Oversight Board of Albania on their implementation of public oversight and quality assurance systems.
- To agree on a training program for quality assurance inspectors to be developed and delivered under the REPARIS for SMEs.
- To agree on the Forum’s working program for next 18 months, including the frequency of meetings.
Participation in this event is per invitation only.