The private equity market in the Western Balkans is at a very early stage of development and there is currently limited investment opportunity. The main source of financial capital available for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) throughout the region currently is through banks; by obtaining lines of credit, bank loans and other forms of debt. Alternative sources of capital are either non-existent or in very low supply.
This modular-based online training follows the one day face to face learning events delivered in October 2019 by a World Bank team from the Centre for Financial Reporting Reform, in collaboration with various Chambers of Commerce, across the Western Balkans under the EU funded Fin4SMEs project.
It provides Professional Accountants, and other business advisors, with a more in-depth introduction on how Private Equity works to be able to better support their SME clients.
This course offers an excellent opportunity to gain insight into how the private equity market works and how you can help your clients/employers to become ready for investment.
- Understand how private equity works and whether it may be a good fit your clients/employer
- Understand the process by which a private equity investment is initially considered and then transacted and find your niche to support your client/employer become investment ready
- If you are a potential investor (e.g. an ‘angel investor’): understand private equity processes to perform investment screening and structuring that may be helpful for you
- If you are an entrepreneur: understand how the private equity market works to understand whether it may be a viable source of capital for your business and what kind of professional support is needed to go through the process
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define “private equity”
- Describe the dynamics of the private equity and venture capital market
- Prepare an investment teaser
- Comprehend the importance of financial statements and analysis assessments;
- Gain an understanding about the company valuation process for private equity transactions
- Explain the benefits of performing sell-side due diligence to mitigate risks and maximize value
- Explain structural aspects of private equity deals
- Gain an understanding of common governance arrangements after a private equity investment has been made
- Module 1: Equity Investment and Private Equity
- Module 2: Use of Funds
- Module 3: Getting Investor Interest
- Module 4: Negotiating Private Equity Investment
- Module 5: Financial Statement and Financial Analysis
- Module 6: Company Valuation
- Module 7: Private Equity Due Diligence
- Module 8: Deal Structuring
- Module 9: The Term Sheet
- Module 10: Governance and Management Post Investment